Camperman Australia Group Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions as of 5th February 2021
These Terms & Conditions are for all rental and relocation bookings throughout Australia
1. DEFINITIONS: The following definitions apply for these Terms & Conditions for CAMPERMAN Australia Group Pty Ltd herein referred to as CAMPERMAN.
The Travel Agent is herein referred to as the AGENT.
The Customer is herein referred to as THE HIRER.
2. VEHICLE PICK-UP TIMES: are between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm weekdays or between 8:30am and 11:00am Saturdays.
3. VEHICLE DROP-OFF TIMES: are between the hours of 8:00am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday. Saturday drop- offs are between the hours of 8:00am to 11:00am After-hours drop-offs are available on Saturday prior arrangement using the Key drop-boxes at our depot locations.
4. SUNDAYS: vehicle pick-up and drop-off is by prior arrangement only.
5. AFTER-HOURS PICK-UP: can be made by prior written arrangement only with Head Office in Cairns. Please contact Camperman on 1800216223 or email email@example.com for prior written arrangement and confirmation.
The cost of after-hours, Sunday or Public Holiday pick-ups is $80.00.
6. LATE DROP-OFF: Vehicles that are returned one day later than the arranged date on the contract will be charged the day rate applicable to the contract in addition to a $150.00 late fee. This will be charged for each day the vehicle is late in addition to any revenue lost or costs incurred because of the vehicle being returned late. This is not negotiable and will be deducted from your security deposit.
7. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: CAMPERMAN is not open on Public Holidays (National or Local), Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday to Easter Monday (or public holidays declared for those days).
8. RESERVATIONS: Monday to Sunday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
9. HELPLINE: CAMPERMAN Head Office offers a 7-day-a-week Australia-wide help and information service.
Please call TOLL FREE on 1800 216 223 for on-road service.
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to CAMPERMAN as soon as possible and within 24 hours to give CAMPERMAN the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental period.
Failure to notify CAMPERMAN will compromise any claims for compensation. We do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. If CAMPERMAN is either not contacted or THE HIRER does not allow CAMPERMAN the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental period, THE HIRER agrees that the problem is of such a minor nature that THE HIRER makes no claim for loss of time in respect of the rental period.
THE HIRER also agrees that CAMPERMAN is not responsible for any claims made by THE HIRER after the return of the Vehicle. Note: It can often be difficult to carry out repairs during weekends and holiday periods and/or in remote areas due to limited opening times and/or spare parts and CAMPERMAN will not provide refunds due to delays in obtaining parts for repairs.
10. MINIMUM DAY RENTALS: The minimum rental period for all CAMPERMAN vehicles is 5 days. The cost of the Hire will remain the same if the vehicle is taken for 10 days or less.
11. RATES AND CONDITIONS: Rates and Conditions quoted in our documentation are subject to change without notice. However (subject to changes in legislation or errors) we will not alter rates or conditions applicable to your rental once your booking has been confirmed by CAMPERMAN. Please note all prices are quoted and payable in Australian dollars.
12. ONE WAY RENTALS: There is a Location fee of $250.00 for all pick-up and drop-offs at Airlie Beach, Townsville and $150.00 at the Gold Coast. In the case of a pickup and drop off between these depots only one charge of $250.00 will apply for One-Way rentals from or to our other depots.
13. MULTIPLE RENTALS: may be combined to qualify THE HIRER for the longer-term rental rates. i.e.: One 12- day rental plus one 10-day rental qualifies for the 22-day rate. The time between rentals must not exceed one calendar month.
14. RENTAL TIME EXTENSIONS: If the Customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorization from CAMPERMAN by calling 1800 216 233. This is subject to availability. The extra cost of an extended rental must be paid by the Customer by credit or debit card on confirmation of the rental extension.
15. DROPPING OFF AT A DIFFERENT DEPOT: If the Customer is unable to return the Vehicle to the agreed drop-off destination because of circumstances beyond the Customer’s control, they must first contact CAMPERMAN to agree on a new drop-off destination for the Vehicle. The following are examples of circumstances that may be beyond the Customer’s control: a weather event, natural disaster (including earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption or wild fire), public health event (including epidemic / pandemic), strike, terrorist act, governmental, regional or local authority restrictions, change in law. CAMPERMAN may charge a fee to cover any reasonable costs it incurs as a consequence of the agreed change in drop-off destination. This fee will be notified to you at time of agreement and is required to be paid immediately via credit or debit card.
An unauthorized drop-off to a depot other than that contracted for (as stated on the rental agreement) will result in a relocation fee being charged to the renter of $750.00 in addition to the daily rate for each day the vehicle is delayed.
16. EARLY DROP-OFF: There is no refund available for the unused portion of the rental should the vehicle be returned earlier than contractually agreed on the rental agreement.
17. WHEN BOOKING: Please check the campervan you have booked on our website. The website will show THE HIRER all the details of the campervan, including the manufacturer, make, model, year model range, and inclusions. Once the customer has booked they have agreed and accepted to all the details of the campervan. There will be no refund for change of mind.
18. VEHICLE MODEL AND SIZE: All CAMPERMAN vehicles are advertised openly and honestly on our website with an accurate description of age, size and carrying capacity of the vehicle.
All vehicles are supplied in direct relationship to models booked by THE HIRER. Any cancellation or refusal to take the vehicle that was booked is classed as a cancellation on the day of pick-up and will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstance.
19. PICK-UP INSPECTION: An inspection of the vehicle will be conducted by THE HIRER and CAMPERMAN prior to the vehicle being released for rental. The inspection will cover external panel and windscreen, internals of the campervan, and inventory supplied.
A Condition report is supplied and filled out with the CAMPERMAN representative, showing all damage to the vehicle. The condition report also confirms that the vehicle is in a clean and satisfactory state on collection. If you do not agree with this, please inform the CAMPERMAN representative to provide CAMPERMAN the opportunity to rectify any points prior to departure.
Once the condition report is signed, THE HIRER agrees that they have received the vehicle in satisfactory condition and no refunds will be provided for issues with the condition of the vehicle from this point forward.
20. INSECT INFESTATION: CAMPERMAN is not responsible for any insect infestation such as but not limited to ants, flies, cockroaches, fleas, bedbugs and mosquitoes. No refunds will be provided for any infestations mentioned above or that could have occurred during the rental period.
21. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation fees apply as follows:
If cancelled over 30 days prior to pick-up date: $200 (Deposits up to $200 are non-refundable).
If cancelled within 7-29 days of pick-up date: 50% of the full rental charges.
If cancelled 1-6 days prior to pick-up date: 75% of full rental charges.
If cancelled on the day of pick-up or no show: No refund available, full rental fee will be charged. No commission will be paid on cancellation fees.
Cancellations due to COVID-19, border closures, natural disasters and pandemics that prohibit you from traveling will not be refunded. Camperman will hold the amount paid on your booking as a credit for a future booking. This credit will be valid for 5 years from the point of cancellation.
22. VEHICLE SUBSTITUTIONS: CAMPERMAN reserves the right to upgrade to a higher rated vehicle at no extra cost.
23. DAILY HIRE CONDITIONS: Rental days are calculated on a calendar day basis. When calculating the number of days the Vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental, regardless of pick-up time. The day of the Vehicle’s return is counted as the final day of the rental regardless of drop-off time. Minimum rental periods are subject to change, and any such change will be notified to you prior to booking confirmation
24. DRIVERS: A current motor vehicle driver’s licence is required from all drivers and must be produced in person on pick-up. Provisional or Probationary licences will not be accepted. A translation of the driver’s licence is also required if it is not in English. The Customer acknowledges that CAMPERMAN always retains title to the vehicle at all times. The Customer shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sub-let, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
25. UNAUTHORISED AND PROHIBITED USE: The following persons must not drive the Vehicle;
Any person who is not identified on the Rental Agreement
Any person whose blood alcohol concentration exceeds the lawful percentage.
Any person whose driver’s licence has been cancelled, suspended, or has restrictions.
Any person who is under the influence of legal or illicit drugs.
Any person who holds a learner’s permit or a probationary license.
All insurance cover will be void if any of the above terms are breached.
26. DRIVERS AGE: The minimum age for drivers is 18 years. There is no maximum age if all drivers have an open class driver’s license. (No provisional or learner permits).
27. CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS: We accept MasterCard, Visa Card, American Express and EFTPOS. All transactions will be processed in Australian Dollars. CAMPERMAN does not charge credit card surcharge fees.
28. ADMINISTRATION FEE: An administration fee of $70.00 will apply to all bookings, including relocations.
29. TOLL ROADS: CAMPERMAN is responsible for payment of all tolls incurred during the rental period. An E- TAG will be supplied for each campervan. It will be glued to the back of the rear vision mirror. If the E-TAG is lost or damaged during the hire a replacement cost of $45.00 will be charged.
30. INSURANCE: All CAMPERMAN vehicles have Compulsory Third Party insurance cover. CTP is mandatory in all States and Territories and provides compensation for bodily injuries caused by vehicles. It does not provide cover for any damage to the vehicle.
All CAMPERMAN vehicles have Comprehensive Insurance cover, this covers damage to the vehicle, theft of the vehicle, collision, malicious damage and weather damage.
The HIRER is liable for the cost of damage to the vehicle or third party property damage up to the amount of the SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND held unless classified as a SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT or the contact has been breached.
31. SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND: A deposit of $500.00 will be taken at the point of pick-up for all drivers 18 years and over. This payment will be held as a bond for all accidents, damage, cleaning fees and administration charges for traffic violations. If the HIRER has multiple accidents during the hire, then a new SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND will be required after each accident.
For security purposes, only a credit card or debit card with credit functions can be used to provide a security deposit. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the security deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for all damage to the rental vehicle.
32. SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND RETURN: The Security deposit is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned to the correct location in a clean and undamaged condition. The security deposit will be returned to your credit card within two weeks after the completion of your rental.
However, if the terms of the Rental Contract are breached and the security deposit is insufficient to cover the damage then the HIRER will be liable for any extra cost. If the vehicle is returned with any damage, or has been involved in an accident, whether the fault of THE HIRER or not, the SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND will be retained
by CAMPERMAN until the full cost of the damage is determined, or the claim has been settled by the Third Party’s Insurance Company.
The SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND will then be returned to THE HIRER in full if it is determined that there is no liability to the third party under Australian Motor Vehicle Laws and/or with Australian litigation. Please note that Third Party claims can take months or even years to resolve. CAMPERMAN cannot force the destiny of these claims, it is up to our Insurance Company and the Third Party, be they insured or not.
33. SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT: Single Vehicle accidents are defined as any damage that is done to the vehicle when no other vehicle is involved, or when the accident is with another vehicle, but THE HIRER cannot provide CAMPERMAN with the driver’s licence, name or the registration number of the other vehicle. Examples of single vehicle accidents include such things as running into trees, guide posts or animals, whether intentionally or not.
Collision with animals are a single vehicle accident, as too is overturning the vehicle, or any other damage done to the vehicle for any reason when no other vehicle is directly involved. A single vehicle accident carries an additional $250.00 SECURITY DEPOSIT/BOND to be charged against THE HIRER’s credit card at the time of the accident.
34. OVERHEAD DAMAGE OR UNDERCARRIAGE DAMAGE: this is not covered under insurance and the HIRER is liable for all costs in relation to damage and repairs both to the vehicle and third party claims including property.
35. INFRINGEMENTS: CAMPERMAN reserves the right to charge an administration fee of up to AU$70 for associated administration costs to the Customer’s credit or debit card upon receipt of a charge for any speeding, parking or other traffic offence incurred by the Customer. This fee will be applicable per offence.
36. WRITING AND CALCULATION ERRORS ON RENTAL AGREEMENT: The charges as set out herein are not final. Should a written and/or a calculation error occur, THE HIRER authorises CAMPERMAN to charge their credit card for any shortage, or in case of overpayment, receive payment from CAMPERMAN.
37. TAXES AND GOVERNMENT CHARGES: All charges are inclusive of 10% GST.
38. GAS: The LPG gas bottle supplied is not supplied full on pick-up. A refill can be purchased from CAMPERMAN for $25.00 from the following depots locations – Cairns, Townsville, Sydney, Melbourne. The gas bottle can be returned empty at the end of the rental.
The gas bottle is not to be used in conjunction with any appliances (Lamps, BBQs etc.) not provided by CAMPERMAN. THE HIRER is responsible for any damage to CAMPERMAN’s property caused by incorrect usage of the gas bottle and gas fittings.
39. FUEL: Regular Unleaded 91 is to be used in all CAMPERMAN vehicles. Fuel is to be refilled by THE HIRER when required. The fuel economy of each individual vehicle may vary depending on several contributing factors including but not limited to how the vehicle is driven, tyre pressure, weather and vehicle loading. CAMPERMAN will not be held responsible for any variations to fuel economy.
The fuel level of the vehicle is indicated on the condition report on pick-up, please return the vehicle with the same level as indicated. Please note; we do not supply the vehicles with a full fuel level.
Vehicles returned with a lower level of fuel than indicated will be charged at the market price.
If you run out of fuel and request roadside assistance you will be liable for the call out fee, in addition to the cost of the fuel and expenses retrieving the fuel.
40. CAMPERMAN’S LIABILITY: CAMPERMAN will not be liable to THE HIRER for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused by delayed delivery of the vehicle, or by the vehicle not being as described in an AGENT’S brochure, or by the vehicle not being suitable for THE HIRER’s purposes. The photos on our website
are taken by the staff of CAMPERMAN Australia and are updated yearly. CAMPERMAN will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience from change in drop-off location caused by natural disasters such as floods, cyclones, hailstorms, earthquakes, etc., nor for any personal injury or damage to THE HIRER’s property caused thereby.
41. TYRE/WINDSCREEN INSURANCE: This insurance is an optional extra that cost $100 with a $0 Excess. The Tyre and windscreen insurance covers replacement/repair of the windscreen or a flat or punctured tyre. If THE HIRER does not purchase the tyre and windscreen insurance THE HIRER is responsible for all costs regarding replacement or repairs towards the tyre and windscreen.
42. AGENT NON-PAYMENT: In the case of non-payment to CAMPERMAN of payments made by THE HIRER to an AGENT, THE HIRER hereby agrees to make full payment for the gross amount of the rental prior to the pick- up of the vehicle.
43. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PASSENGERS: THE HIRER agrees that the vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as shown on the Rental Agreement or as dictated by licensing authorities. CAMPERMAN will not accept any liability if these Terms are breached.
44. VALUABLES: CAMPERMAN assumes no liability for valuables left in or stolen from the vehicle. Please note: Insurance on personal property is THE HIRER’s responsibility.
45. TRANSFERS: Transfers to and from CAMPERMAN are not included in the rental price. It is the responsibility of THE HIRER to arrange transport to and from CAMPERMAN depots.
46. CLEANING FEE ON RETURN OF VEHICLE: The vehicle will be delivered in a clean condition to THE HIRER, who agrees to forfeit a cleaning fee of $150.00 (inside) & $75 (outside) should the vehicle not be returned to CAMPERMAN in the same clean condition.
47. TOILET WASTE: must be removed from the vehicle prior to return. Should the vehicle be returned with the toilet waste not emptied and cleaned there will be a $150.00 fee charged to the hirer. This fee is entirely at the discretion of the check-in depot.
48. ANIMALS & PETS: CAMPERMAN does not allow the carriage of pets or any animals in their vehicles whilst on rental. Carriage of pets or animals will render the contract void, and the rental bond will be retained and used for cleaning and fumigating the vehicle.
49. RENTAL REFUSAL: CAMPERMAN reserves the right to refuse any rental, or the continuation of any rental at its discretion.
50. REPAIRS: CAMPERMAN’s vehicles are always fully maintained and serviced. However, we recognise that occasional breakdowns and small problems will occur. CAMPERMAN Australia has a 24/7 agreement on breakdown with all the Major Roadside Service Organisations.
Should serious problems be encountered, THE HIRER must inform CAMPERMAN at the first possible opportunity, and follow CAMPERMANS instructions. There is a Free call Helpline specifically for any problems – 1800 216 223
Down time: In all cases the responsibility of CAMPERMAN is limited to refunding for the downtime that the vehicle is in a repair shop and the time lost through not being able to drive the vehicle.
Minor repairs to mechanical items and oil consumption up to $50 will be reimbursed against receipts on completion of the rental.
Accommodation: No alternative accommodation or food items will be paid for during such down time. However, the client has the right to choose between CAMPERMAN Australia refunding for lost time, and CAMPERMAN Australia paying the accommodation (to a maximum of $80).
Flat battery: Should roadside assist be requested by the client due to flat batteries, and it is detected that the cause was due to the fault of the client, the client will be responsible for the $110.00 callout fee incurred by the RACQ. If the fault with the battery is due to mechanical problems, there will be no charge.
CAMPERMAN is not responsible for replacing or compensating THE HIRER for spoiled food caused by a fridge malfunction or meals purchased due to the lack of food storage.
CAMPERMAN is not responsible for damage to THE HIRER’s property caused by water due to leaks.
Refund for lost time: Any refund for on-road problems will be made at the end of the hire. The repair time will be calculated, and the downtime reimbursed at the time of delivery from the repairer. Down time will be calculated in hours, not days, and credited to THE HIRER’s credit card.
CAMPERMAN will not be held responsible for THE HIRER’S missing pre-organised tours due to vehicle repairs or breakdowns. CAMPERMAN will not reimburse any non-refundable deposits or other associated costs incurred by THE HIRER as a result.
In the event of a vehicle motor overheating and driven continually until it can no longer function, or any damage to the vehicle caused by user error, CAMPERMAN has the right under its Terms and Conditions to terminate the rental agreement immediately and to finalise and cancel further use of the vehicle at THE HIRER’S expense. All towing, transport and repairs will be at the HIRER’s expense.
The on-road assistance will cover, free of charge, any technical malfunction of the Vehicle arising from a manufacturing or material fault that directly renders the part concerned unfit for operation during the Rental Period and for which a claim is not excluded. Claims will be excluded, and the Customer will be charged for any on-road assistance, where the malfunction was caused by the Customer’s actions or omissions, or where the fault is not covered by the Vehicle manufacturer’s guarantee. This will include any on-road assistance for the following:
(a) The Vehicle running out of fuel
(b) The keys being locked inside the Vehicle or lost
(c) Flat batteries caused by incorrect usage of the batteries and or incorrect usage of any equipment that requires the batteries to operate
(d) A breakdown caused by wilful neglect the charges will comprise, but are not limited to, a call-out fee and the cost of repair (including any replacement parts, if applicable) and must be paid directly by the customer to the applicable service provider.
(e) Replacement of spare Tyre.
CAMPERMAN reserves the right to repair all damage incurred during an accident using a preferred CAMPERMAN repairer.
51. MAINTENANCE & RESPONSIBILITY: It is THE HIRER’s responsibility to check and maintain all fluid and fuel levels and to immediately rectify and/or report to Head Office if heavy usage of oil or coolant is occurring or any defect of which THE HIRER becomes aware. It is THE HIRER’s duty to check the fluid levels every three days to ensure fluid levels are correct. Please check fluid levels while the motor is cold early in the mornings. THE HIRER will be held fully responsible for engine damage if the radiator cap is not properly replaced and sealed after checking fluid levels and/or the warning buzzer or dash lights indicating problems for overheating is ignored. On presentation of receipts, Camperman will reimburse refills of all fluids except petrol.
52. VEHICLE USE: THE HIRER shall not use the vehicle for anything other than its intended purpose, or allow use of the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire. THE HIRER shall not allow the vehicle to be used to carry volatile liquids, corrosive or flammable materials or explosives. THE HIRER will not place any signage of any kind on the vehicle to advertise or alter the outside appearance of the vehicle. THE HIRER shall drive the vehicle in a careful and cautious manner and will not do or allow to be done anything to harm the vehicle.
53. ROAD RESTRICTIONS: CAMPERMAN’s vehicles are not allowed to travel on unsealed (dirt or gravel) roads, or beaches. Travel on these roads voids all damage protection cover. THE HIRER will be liable for all damage caused by travelling on unsealed (dirt or gravel) roads. The full cost of the damage to all parties concerned may be deducted from THE HIRER. If in the opinion of CAMPERMAN a vehicle is found to have travelled on unsealed (dirt or gravel) road the bond/deposit will be retained until the vehicle is fully inspected and checked for damage. If no damage has occurred the bond will be returned to THE HIRER, less the cost of inspection.
Inspection labour cost is $88.00 per hour. Any costs related to repairs or towing of the vehicles on unsealed roads are fully at the expense of THE HIRER. CAMPERMAN does not provide any on road assistance or repairs where the vehicle is on unsealed roads, this is THE HIRERS responsibility entirely to arrange their own assistance on unsealed roads.
54. LIVING EQUIPMENT: Living equipment is included in the vehicle. THE HIRER will be charged for any missing or damaged items, a detailed checklist will be provided on pick-up.
55. TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN: CAMPERMAN will take no responsibility for incorrect vehicles booked for carrying children and any refusal to take the vehicle that was booked is classed as a cancellation on the day of pick-up and will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstance.
CAMPERMAN staff will endeavour to provide the correct advice on the information given by THE HIRER prior to booking but will take no responsibility for THE HIRER booking the wrong vehicle or restraints for their needs. CAMPERMAN is not legally permitted to and will not provide any assistance in fitting or selecting child restraints for vehicles or any fines accumulated for children travelling in incorrect child restraints. This is entirely the responsibility of THE HIRER.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN. Please note. Child restraint point does not increase the carrying capacity it is one of the existing seats.
Paradise 5 with Shower & Toilet has five safety belts. In the front, it has two lap sash belts and one lap belt in the middle (all forward facing). In the rear of the campervan we have two forward facing lap belts.
Paradise 5 has five safety belts. In the front, it has two lap sash belts and one lap belt in the middle (all forward facing). In the rear of the campervan we have two forward facing lap belts.
Juliette 5 has five safety belts. In the front, it has two lap sash belts and one lap belt in the middle (all forward facing) In the rear of the campervan we have two side facing lap belts. One baby restraint bar is fitted in the front. (Rearward facing child seat not suitable).
Family 5 has two lap sash forward facing seats with one lap belt in the middle. It also has a child restraint bar fitted in the front cab. In the rear of the van there are two side facing lap belts. (Rearward facing child seat not suitable).
56. EXTRAS: Extras must be booked in advance. An outdoor table can be rented at $20.00 per rental. Outdoor chairs can be rented at $10.00 per chair. GPS can be rented at $90.00 per rental. GAS; A refill can be purchased from CAMPERMAN for $25.00 from the following depots locations – Cairns, Townsville, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
57. CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS: By signing the Rental Agreement contract, THE HIRER accepts that the Terms and Conditions make this an Australian contract and that THE HIRER will be bound by the Australian State Law in which State this Agreement is contracted.
This contract overrides any other contract form or contract taken in any other country. Any changes made to this contract may only be in writing and signed by THE HIRER and an authorised agent of CAMPERMAN. CAMPERMAN makes no express or implied warranty in relation to this Agreement.
58. AGE AND LICENCE RESTRICTIONS: CAMPERMAN Australia cannot rent to drivers under 18 years old or anyone with a restricted drivers licence of any sort (open class car licences only) for insurance reasons.
59. KEYS: THE HIRER will be responsible for the cost of replacing keys which are lost or broken, or for the retrieval of keys locked in a vehicle. Cost of a locksmith travelling to the vehicle will be at THE HIRERs’ expense.
60. PAYMENT IN AUSTRALIA: The Customer acknowledges that
all transactions under this Agreement are conducted in Australian dollars. If a
refund is due, CAMPERMAN will credit the amount due in full to the Customer’s
credit or debit card. CAMPERMAN does not accept any liability for credit or
debit card fees or bank-imposed fees relating to currency conversion or foreign
transactions, which may appear as a variation between the total debited and the
All payments to be paid in Australia will be in Australian Dollars only. Personal Travellers cheques will be accepted. No foreign currency will be accepted.
61. DISCLAIMER: All illustrations, line drawings and text in any of our brochures or advertising material, including our website, are a representation only of the vehicles depicted. Variances in any vehicle or its equipment offered for rental may occur due to modifications and/or upgrades.
62. EXCHANGE RATE/CURRENCY FLUCTUATION: All credit card transactions are conducted in Australian Dollars (AU$). Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variation in the amount initially debited against the credit card and the amount refunded when the vehicle is returned. CAMPERMAN accepts no liability for these variations, up or down.
63. ACCIDENTS: In the event of the vehicle being involved in an accident (either single or two or more vehicles involved) where damage in done to either CAMPERMAN’S vehicle, any other vehicle involved in the accident or any person injured, THE HIRER or co hirers must contact CAMPERMAN Australia within a maximum of 24 hours of the accident occurring.
A CAMPERMAN insurance form supplied by CAMPERMAN must be filled in completely and accurately, with detailed diagrams, descriptions of the accident, complete details from all parties involved in the accident, signed, and dated and forwarded to CAMPERMAN immediately. If the above terms and conditions are not adhered to all insurance will be cancelled and the full amount of all repair costs and damages including lost revenue or medical expenses, refunds due to lost time for future customers and accommodation fees required will be forwarded to THE HIRER.
Towing and retrieval of damaged vehicles to the closest CAMPERMAN depot is covered. In the event of an accident resulting in the vehicle being damaged sufficiently to require replacement, it is THE HIRER’s responsibility to make their way to the closest CAMPERMAN depot that has a replacement campervan available. Any expenses incurred whilst travelling to the closest CAMPERMAN depot that has a replacement campervan or motor home available are THE HIRER’s responsibility.
64. THE HIRER MUST ENDEAVOR TO DRIVE RESPONSIBLY & SAFELY ALWAYS.
Most accidents are caused by driving at night or:
IF PROPER CAUTION AND DUE CARE IS EXCERCISED BY THE DRIVER, MOST THESE ACCIDENTS CAN BE AVOIDED.
Relocations are subject to change or cancellation without notice with full hire bookings taking priority on all occasions.
Minimum age for relocation drivers is 18 years of age.
A security Bond of $2000 pre-authorisation will be held for all Relocations, this is held by the card issuer (not Camperman)
An Administration charge of $70.00 will be charged on all relocations
All Relocation Campervans are packed with all linen and cooking utensils prior to your pick up the Campervan. If the Campervan is returned dirty you will be charged a $75.00 cleaning fee
If free fuel is included receipts must be presented at drop off.
Cancellation fee of $100 applies to all cancellations of relocations.
Compensation of any kind will not be paid on relocations.
Link to previous Terms & Conditions Before 8th February 2017
1678 Shute Harbour Rd, Cannon Valley, Queensland 4800 Phone: 1800 216 223
40 French Street, Eagle Farm, Queensland 4009
Phone: 1800 216 223
440 Sheridan Street, Cairns,
Queensland 4870 Phone: 1800 216 223
2/11 Northview St, Mermaid Waters QLD 4218 Phone: 1800 216 223
273 Elizabeth Street, Coburg,
Victoria 3058 Phone: 1800 216 223
23-25 Erskine Rd, Caringbah,
Sydney, NSW 2229 Phone: 1800 216 223
167 Mount Low Parkway, Townsville,
Queensland 4814 Phone: 1800 216 223