Campervan Touring Information
Broome in 2 Days
Broome to Perth - 2,740 km | 28.5 hrs
Broome to Port Hedland - 604 km | 6 h 15 m
Broome to Fitzroy Crossing - 400 km | 4.5 hrs
Broome has a laid back eternal-holiday vibe. There’s plenty to do here so hang out a while. We recommend spending at least two full days here.
Rowley Shoals in Broome, WA. Photo: jtux via IG
Things to do in Broome
- Stroll Cable Beach, a long stretch of white sand and turquoise waters.
- Enjoy a camel ride at sunset along Cable Beach
- Hire a kayak and get close to sea turtles and (if you’re lucky) snub-nose dolphins.
- Drive south to the Broome Bird Observatory to observe the rich birdlife
- Broome Historical Society Museum is in town
- Watch whales during migration season (May – Nov)
- At Gauntheaume Point you can see a dinosaur footprint
- During full moon between May – October the reflection of moonlight on the rippled water at low tide on Town Beach creates an optical illusion called Staircase to the Moon.
- Rowley Shoals is an excellent snorkeling spot. Gaps between the reef shoals create a flowing deeper section that you can drift down while enjoying the marine life (take a boat tour out there).
Camels on Cable Beach, Broome WA. Photo: alaiisema via IG
Desert meets sea at Broome, WA. Photo: celestephotography via IG
Staircase to the moon, Broome WA. Photo: tracyryanphotography via IG
Waterbirds in Broome, WA. Photo: georgina steytler via IG
Pink sand, Roebuck Bay, Broome. Photo: paulmichael via IG
Rowley Shoals, Broome WA. Photo: saltitrix via IG
Campervan Camping in Broome
1. Cable Beach Caravan Park - 4.1 stars on Google.
include a gorgeous pool with waterfalls and landscaping, a café, laundry,
playground, BBQs, camp kitchen, WiFi, dump station, shady sites and tourist
RATES: from $40/day or $260/week for 2 people. Additional adults $15.
2. Roebuck Bay Caravan Park - 3.8 stars on Google
If location is more important to you than facilities,
Roebuck Bay Caravan Park is right on the beach in town. The toilets and showers
are a bit old and there is no real camp kitchen or other facilities, but you
have the beach at your door and the atmosphere in the campsite is friendly.